Dr. Edward Bach, a noted British physician, bacteriologist and immunologist, dedicated his life to discovering a system of healing that would address the correlation between negative psychological and emotional states and physical illness. In the 1930's, his research led to his discovery of the 38 Bach Flower Essences, each for a specific emotional state. All but one are based on single wild flowers or three blossoms. The Exception, Rock Water, is made from the water of a natural spring with healing properties.
Today the first vital stage of preparing the Essences is still carried out at his home, Mt. Vernon (Now he Bach Centre) in Oxfordshire, England.
Bach Flower Essences encourage the body's own healing process by restoring and maintaining emotional balance and clarity.
- Red Chestnut - for a worry and anxiety about the welfare of the loved ones;
- Mimulus - for any fear with a clear and identifiable cause;
- Rock Rose - for extreme terror ( accident, violence);
- Aspen - for fear where is no clear cause and to counteract vague feelings of foreboding;
- Cherry Plum - to stay on top of our emotions when we fear to lose control;
- For Fear, Anxiety and Worry:
- White Chestnut - calms repetitive, worrying thoughts;
- Larch - for people who fear and expect failure;
- Agrimony - for people who worry in secret but hide from their fears by making a joke of things.
- Other Fear and Worry remedies: Vervain, Chicory, Gorse, Elm, Cerato, Impatient, Centaury, Walnut.
- Gentian - for a mild sense of despondency when something has gone wrong and we feel like giving up;
- Gorse - for a deeper form of depression, when we have given up hope and made up our minds that things will not improve;
- Sweet Chestnut - for a deep despair when we feel that there is no way out of our difficulties;
- Oak - for slow, steady, reliable people who never know when they are beaten;
- Mustard - when we feel unhappy, gloomy and depressed but there is no reason to justify these feelings;
- Willow - for self-pity and resentment, everything is someone else’s fault.
- Other depression remedies: Agrimony, Chicory, Crab Apple, Elm, Honeysuckle, Pine, Star of Bethlehem
- Larch - for people who fail to put sustained effort into achieving success, helps to build self-worth and self-belief; Elm - helps temporary crises of confidence in people;
- Crab Apple - for contaminated or unclean feelings, and helps people who dislike the way they look and the way they are;
- Pine - helps to cope with guilt.
- Other confidence remedies: Agrimony, Centaury, Cerato, Cherry Plum, Gentian, Honeysuckle, Red Chestnut or Chicory, Scleranthus, Vine, Wild Oat.
- Rescue Remedy - the crisis and emergency remedy, and the flower remedy equivalent of a first-aid kit when there is no time to consider other remedy choices. . It contains five single remedies: Rock Rose, Clematis, Impatient, Star of Bethlehem and Cherry Plum.
- Rescue Cream - for bruises, bumps, scratches and different external trauma;
- Rock Rose - for extreme fear and terror;
- Sweet Chestnut - for great anguish and suffering;
- Star of Bethlehem - helps to cope with shock, loss and grief;
- Olive - gives rest and new energy when we over-extend ourselves physically, emotionally or mentally;
- Chestnut Bud - helps us learn from our and other peoples mistakes in order not to repeat them; Walnut - helps in times of change and whenever we need protection against outside influences.
- Water Violet - when we feel aloof and cut off from other people, for self-sufficient people who can suffer from appearing proud and unapproachable;
- Impatiens - for impatience, for people who are always in hurry;
- Beech - helps us to see the good in other people and not to criticize;
- Vervain - when our enthusiasm goes too far;
- Holly - drives strong negative emotions out like hatred, spite, envy and suspicion;
- Rock Water - brings flexibility and a sense of proportion when we deny ourselcves pleasure in the pursuit of some ideal;
- Vine - remedy of leadership, it brings out the best in strong, decisive people;
- Chicory - helps us to love unconditionally;
- Heather - gives us a perspective on our own troubles, so that we can see them in relation to other people’s needs;
- Centaury - helps us to set limits, to be able to help without being dominated, and say no when necessary.
- BACH FLOWER REMEDIES FOR ACTION AND INACTION
- Walnut - helps us to move ahead on our own path;
- Olive - when we have insufficient interest, when we are tired when action has been taken;
- Hornbeam - to overcome letargy;
- Cerato - when we doubt in our judgement;
- Scleranthus - helps us make decisions;
- Wold Oak - when we do not know what path to follow in life;
- Clematis - helps us ground when we daydream instead of acting;
- Honeysuckle - when we live in the past and not in the present;
- Gorse - when we give up hope;
- Larch - when we give up hope;
- Wild Rose - helps dissolve apathy and lack of interest in life.
Forgiveness is a powerful and liberating thing, it allows you to move forward and release unhealthy emotions. Although it may be easier said than done, releasing grudges is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Here is an exercise you can try to accomplish this, all you need to do the Releasing Grudges Energy Healing Technique is a quiet place and a few minutes of time. Try it out and see how you feel:
1) Relax, close your eyes, and bring your attention to your third eye chakra.
2) Place the tip of your tongue gently on the roof of your mouth, just behind your teeth.
3) While focusing on your third eye, breath deeply, in through the nose and out through the mouth, 3 times.
4) Visualize the person, place or thing that you wish to heal. With organizations, it is good to use a symbol such as an American flag for the United States, a gun or a helmet for the military, or a hood for the KKK.
5) Bring your attention to your heart chakra. This is to assure that the energy you send is love based.
6) Visualize a flood of golden light pouring from your heart center and into that which you wish to heal. With each out-breath, visualize more and more golden light beaming outward.
7) Allow the image in your third eye to become completely infused by golden light, to the point where you can no longer see the image at all.
8) Cross your arms over your chest.
9) Say Thank You three times.
10) Send it off with a nice blast of golden healing light.